17 september 2014

Lydia Davis - Writing (fra Can't and Won't)


Life is too serious for me to go on writing. Life used to be easier, and often pleasant, and then writing was pleasant, though it also seemes serious. Now life is not easy, it has gotten very serious, and by comparision, writing seems a little silly. Writing is often not about real things, and then, when it is about real things, it is often at the same time taking the place of some real things. Writing is too often about people who can't manage. Now I have become one of those people. I am one of those people. What I should do, instead of writing about people who can't manage, is just quit writing and learn to manage. And pay more attention to life itself. The only way I will get smarter is by not writing anymore. There are other things I should be doing instead.

s. 252

Ingen kommentarer: